- Journalist Matt Taibbi posted a new trove of Twitter documents on Friday
- They show emails from FBI officials requesting bans on Twitter users
- In one email last month, the FBI asked Twitter to suspend actor Billy Baldwin
- Also listed in the ban request were satire accounts and right-wing commentary
- FBI claimed the accounts were ‘disseminating false information’ about elections
A new trove of internal communications from Twitter suggests that the FBI maintained persistent contact with company employees in recent years, frequently proposing user bans, including for strident Trump critic and actor Billy Baldwin, and what appear to be satire accounts.
‘Twitter’s contact with the FBI was constant and pervasive, as if it were a subsidiary,’ argued journalist Matt Taibbi, who shared the documents in a Twitter thread on Friday afternoon.
FBI officials, meeting with Twitter executives, told them there was ‘no impediment’ to sharing classified information with them, according to an internal memo.
The files were the latest in a series of documents to be released after Twitter’s new owner Elon Musk gave a group of hand-picked journalists access to the company’s internal records.
‘Between January 2020 and November 2022, there were over 150 emails between the FBI and former Twitter Trust and Safety chief Yoel Roth,’ claimed Taibbi.
‘But a surprisingly high number are requests by the FBI for Twitter to take action on election misinformation, even involving joke tweets from low-follower accounts,’ he added.
Those singled out were shocked, with one asking how ‘an amoeba’ like himself had come onto the FBI’s radar, while another said it was ‘crazy’ that the FBI was ‘policing jokes’.
Twitter Files: FBI Targeted Right Side Broadcasting Network for Censorship Ahead of Midterms
The FBI’s “National Election Command Post” (NECP) sent an email asking its San Francisco field office to pressure Twitter to censor the Right Side Broadcasting Network (RSBN), a conservative news channel made popular by streaming Trump campaign rallies, two days before the 2022 midterm elections.
In the email, dated November 6, 2022, the NECP gave its San Francisco field office a list of 25 accounts “being utilized to spread misinformation about the upcoming election,” a list which included RSBN.
The NECP asked the field office to coordinate with Twitter to “determine whether the accounts identified below have violated Twitter’s terms of service and may be subject to any actions deemed appropriate by Twitter.”
The emails came to light in another installment of the Twitter files. Elon Musk’s Twitter once again disclosed documents to a journalist, in this case Matt Taibbi, which shed light on the inner workings of censorship at the social media platform.
Federal Appeals Court Rules Against Women, Affirms Policy of Allowing Transgender Girls to Compete on Female Sports Teams in Connecticut Case
A three-judge panel of the 2nd U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals affirmed that discrimination against transgender students violates Title IX, which prevents educational institutions that receive federal funding from discriminating based on sex
The Alliance Defending Freedom (ADF) filed a lawsuit to bar two transgender athletes — Terry Miller and Andraya Yearwood — from competing in the 2020 spring outdoor track season on a girls team at a Connecticut school.
Soule v. Connecticut Association of Schools, a lawsuit filed on behalf of four female athletes who were consistently deprived of honors and opportunities to compete at elite levels because the Connecticut Interscholastic Athletic Conference adopted a policy that allows males who identify as female to compete in girls’ athletic events.
Starting in 2017, two male athletes began competing in Connecticut girls’ high school track. In just three years, those two males broke 17 girls’ track meet records, deprived girls of more than 85 opportunities to advance to the next level of competition and took 15 women’s state track championship titles. Four of those championship titles were earned by ADF’s client, Chelsea Mitchell. Four times she was the fastest female in a women’s state championship race, and four times she watched that title, honor, and recognition go to a male athlete instead. Over the course of her high school career, Mitchell lost to these males more than 20 times.
The other female athletes represented in this case, Selina Soule, Alanna Smith, and Ashley Nicoletti, all likewise have been denied medals, placements, or advancement opportunities because of the male athletes competing on their team.
On Friday, the 2nd U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals ruled against women and affirmed a policy allowing transgender students to compete on girls’ teams.
Transgender athletes in Connecticut and their advocates secured a victory on Friday when an appeals court ruled that the Connecticut Interscholastic Athletic Conference (CIAC) may move forward with a policy that allows transgender girls to compete on female sports teams.
A three-judge panel of the 2nd U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals affirmed that discrimination against transgender students violates Title IX, which prevents educational institutions that receive federal funding from discriminating based on sex.
“Today’s ruling is a critical victory for fairness, equality, and inclusion,” Joshua Block, a senior staff attorney with the American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) who represented the CIAC, five Connecticut school boards and two former athletes in the case, said in a statement. “This critical victory strikes at the heart of political attacks against transgender youth while helping ensure every young person has the right to play.”
Outsourcing Firm for Fortune 500 Companies Hired Foreign H-1B Visa Workers over Qualified Americans
An outsourcing firm with Fortune 500 clients hired foreign H-1B visa workers for Information Technology (IT) jobs over qualified Americans, a Department of Justice (DOJ) settlement reveals.
Federal prosecutors announced a settlement with Secureapp Technologies, whose Fortune 500 clients include Pfizer, Comcast, Deloitte, JPMorgan Chase, FedEx, and Nike, after the outsourcing firm was found to have discriminated against qualified American professionals for IT jobs by seeking to hire foreign H-1B visa workers.
The settlement states:
… from at least January 10, 2019, to April 6, 2020, Secureapp posted at least 12 job advertisements that solicited applications for IT positions only from non-U.S. citizens seeking sponsorship for a temporary work visa or with immigration statuses associated with certain employment-based temporary visas, and, in so doing, harmed protected U.S. workers by unlawfully deterring them from applying to the job advertisements. [Emphasis added]
As part of the settlement, Secureapp will have to pay just $26,000 in civil penalties to the federal government and be briefly monitored by DOJ officials. The settlement does not ban the firm from using the H-1B visa program. Secureapp has brought more than 100 foreign H-1B visa workers to the U.S. since 2019, records show.
In fiscal year 2021, the top six H-1B visa employers — Cognizant, Amazon, Tata Consulting Services, Google, Microsoft, and Facebook — sought to outsource nearly 57,000 American tech jobs to foreign H-1B visa workers, primarily from India and China.
For years, Breitbart News has chronicled the abuses against white-collar American professionals as a result of the H-1B visa program. There are about 650,000 H-1B visa foreign workers in the U.S. at any given moment. Americans are often laid off in the process and forced to train their foreign replacements, as highlighted by Breitbart News.
J&J’s COVID vaccine taken by 19 million Americans is PULLED by FDA after it was paused ‘out of an abundance of caution’ over rare blood clot concerns
Instagram used to connect network of pedophiles to child pornography, report claims
Rep. Byron Donalds Slams Media for ‘Choosing to Ignore’ Smoking Guns on the Biden Family