A team of Chinese researchers has successfully developed a mutant strain of the coronavirus with an alarming 100% kill rate in mice, specifically designed to target brain cells, the Daily Mail reported.
The findings, detailed in a contentious study, highlight the pathogen’s enhanced lethality and the potential risk it poses for spillover into human populations.
The preprint study, which was published on the bioRxiv website on January 3, detailed the experiment conducted by these researchers using a variant of the “pangolin coronavirus”. This virus was introduced to a group of mice to study the effects.
“SARS-CoV-2-related pangolin coronavirus GX_P2V(short_3UTR) can cause 100% mortality in human ACE2-transgenic mice, potentially attributable to late-stage brain infection. This underscores a spillover risk of GX_P2V into humans and provides a unique model for understanding the pathogenic mechanisms of SARS-CoV-2-related viruses,” according to the study.
The researchers claimed that two pangolin coronaviruses, named GD/2019 and GX/2017 were identified even before the COVID-19 outbreak. These viruses were isolated and cultured in different years: GD01 in 2020 and GX_P2V in 2017.
The results were alarming, as all the mice that were infected with the live virus died within 7-8 days post-inoculation.
The virus was not only found in the bodies of the mice but had reached critical organs such as the brain, eyes, and lungs.
The researchers noted a rapid weight loss in the infected mice within five days, followed by other symptoms such as sluggishness and white eyes.
In the later stages of the infection, it was observed that the viral load in the lungs had significantly decreased by day 6.
However, the viral RNA loads and viral titers in the brain samples increased substantially by day 6, suggesting that severe brain infection was the primary cause of death.
The researchers have expressed concern over this virus’s potential spillover into humans.
Former National Institutes of Health (NIH) Director Dr. Francis Collins admitted to congressional members that the coronavirus lab leak theory was indeed plausible.
The Select Subcommittee on the Coronavirus Pandemic released a damning report asserting a coordinated effort to downplay the lab-leak hypothesis of COVID-19’s origin and suppression of scientific discourse.
The report implicates none other than Dr. Anthony Fauci, the former director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID).
Last week, during Fauci’s two-day depositions, GOP Rep. Brad Wenstrup of Ohio, the panel’s chairman, said Fauci “testified that the lab leak hypothesis — which was often suppressed — was, in fact, not a conspiracy theory,” Wenstrup said. The lab leak theory claims that the coronavirus was released from the Wuhan Institute of Virology in China, and not from natural sources, as Fauci initially claimed.
The release noted that the admission came “nearly four years after prompting the publication of the now infamous ‘Proximal Origin’ paper that attempted to vilify and disprove the lab leak hypothesis.” The release also said Fauci, who denied trying to pressure the CIA on the lab-leak theory, “played semantics with the definition of a ‘lab-leak.’”
Most Americans Believe Covid Shots Behind Sudden Deaths Surge
Most Americans now say they are convinced that the surge of sudden and unexpected deaths since 2021 is being caused by the public rollout of Covid mRNA vaccines, a new poll has revealed.
The Rasmussen survey found that 53% of Americans believe COVID-19 injections are to blame for unexplained deaths.
The figure has increased by 4 percent over the last year.
Nearly one in four (24%) also say they know someone who has died from the vaccine.
Only a third (33%) believe Americans who express concerns about the vaccine are spreading “conspiracy theories.”
Meanwhile, 54% say there are legitimate reasons to be worried about the safety of the jab.
“Twice as many Republicans (44%) answered that it was very likely that Covid vaccines were to blame for unexplained deaths as compared to Democrats (22%),” writes Rebekah Barnett.
Conversely, 22% of Democrats think it’s not at all likely that Covid vaccines are causing unexplained deaths, whereas only 7% of Republicans share this view.”
The poll was conducted between January 7th and 9th 2024 and included 1,133 American adults.
The survey results suggest that a multi-year mainstream media campaign of ridicule, public shaming, and Internet censorship aimed at convincing people that COVID vaccines are “100 percent safe and effective” has largely failed.
A recent study found that deaths described as “sudden” or “unexpected” has skyrocketed over the past three years.
As Slay News reported, the study analyzed a database of all public obituaries from all local newspapers across the country.
The study discovered that deaths reported as “sudden” or “unexpected” soared by more than 62% across the U.S. after the rollout of the Covid mRNA vaccines.
The data shows obituaries dating back to 2015.
The number of “sudden” or “unexpected” deaths was falling slightly each year until 2019 when it was at 37,374.
However, in the Covid year of 2020, the number rose slightly to 49,068.
In 2021, the figure skyrocketed to 79,858 people who died “suddenly” or “unexpectedly” that year.
ABC’s New Hampshire debate canceled after Haley skips out
She said she won’t participate unless Donald Trump, who has missed all the debates, joins in
ABC News has canceled a planned debate in New Hampshire, after GOP presidential candidate Nikki Haley said Tuesday that she would only step foot on the debate stage again if Donald Trump or Joe Biden is there.
“We’ve had five great debates in this campaign. Unfortunately, Donald Trump has ducked all of them,” Haley said in a statement. “He has nowhere left to hide. The next debate I do will either be with Donald Trump or with Joe Biden. I look forward to it.”
The upcoming debates were slated to take place before the New Hampshire primary on Jan. 23. ABC News planned to partner with WMUR-TV to host a debate on Thursday, and CNN announced it would host a debate on Sunday.
But with both Trump and Haley declining to participate, an ABC News spokesperson said in a statement Tuesday evening that its debate is off. “Our intent was to host a debate coming out of the Iowa caucuses, but we always knew that would be contingent on the candidates and the outcome of the race,” the network spokesperson said.
CNN did not respond to a request for comment and has not made any public comment about its scheduling.
Haley’s challenge toward Trump comes after the former U.N. ambassador finished in third place in the Iowa caucuses on Monday night. Trump was the far favorite, with Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis in second place.
Haley on Monday night claimed that her close third-place result had made the campaign a head-to-head race between her and Trump.
“I can safely say tonight Iowa made this Republican primary a two-person race,” Haley said.