President Biden on Tuesday ranted about the White House press corps for their standard — and longtime — practice of shouting questions as reporters were ushered out of an event focused on legal barriers to abortion and contraceptives.
“They’re among the only press in the world that does this. Seriously. Seriously,” Biden told his guests as he opted not to answer any of the questions from the small daily press pool.
Biden’s disbelieving tone on Tuesday wasn’t the first time the president was caught seeming to diss the press as they clamored for his attention.
At a Sept. 22 meeting in New York between Biden and Philippines President Bongbong Marcos, the US president was caught on tape telling Marcos, “I wouldn’t bother answering” as reporters shouted inquiries.
Biden’s demeanor toward press questions has irked journalists before — notably including during a visit last year by British Prime Minister Boris Johnson, who chose to answer questions from reporters in the Oval Office despite Biden’s refusal to do so.
The president has given far fewer interviews and press conferences than his recent predecessors, though he had at one point outpaced his predecessors with short Q&As at the end of events.
The White House did not immediately respond to The Post’s request for comment on Biden’s Tuesday remark, which was initially overlooked by many reporters because the White House’s official video feed operators had stopped broadcasting.
More at: NYPost.com
‘They need to be sent back to their home country’: Ron DeSantis tears into ‘illegal alien’ looters who should not be in the US ‘at all’ after they were arrested for ransacking homes devastated by Hurricane Ian
- Gov. Ron DeSantis revealed three of the looters who targeted homes following Hurricane Ian were in the country illegally
- ‘These are people that are foreigners, they’re illegally in our country, but not only that, they try to loot and ransack in the aftermath of a natural disaster,’ he said
- In a warning to looters, Ron DeSantis said that Floridians would not be scared to evoke their Second Amendment rights if they caught someone stealing
- DeSantis has taken a similarly hard line when it comes to immigration
- Last month he was instrumental in sending 48 Venezuelan migrants on flights from Texas to Martha’s Vineyard in Massachusetts.
- The looters were arrested on September 29 – but documents reveal that they were released after posting a $35,000 bond each
More at: DailyMail.UK.com